首页  新闻动态  文化知识  网络文摘  生活时尚  娱乐休闲  健康频道  外语学习  软件教学  程序设计  独山图片  村窝文化

大学英语单词表

请输入您要查询的英文单词:


本单词表包含15328条英汉词条,帮助你背诵记忆。

newcomer [ 'nju:ˌkʌmə ] n. 新来的人
e.g. 1. They are almost all newcomers except me.
   除了我他们大部分都是新来者。
2. I don't like the newcomer.
   我不喜欢那个新来的人。

newly [ 'nju:li ] ad. 崭新,新改,以新方法
e.g. 1. The newly ploughed fields smelt sweet.
   新犁过的土地散发着芳香。
2. A region of southwest Yugoslavia bordering on the Adriatic Sea. An ancient Balkan state, it long resisted the Turks and from1910 to1918 was an independent kingdom. Montenegro then joined the newly formed Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes, which became Yugoslavia after1929.
   黑山南斯拉夫西南部一地区,位于亚得里亚海沿岸。古代巴尔干国,它长期抵抗土耳其,并于1910至1918年间成为独立王国。后来加入了由塞尔维亚、克罗地亚和斯洛文尼亚新组成的王国,这一王国在1929年后成为南斯拉夫

news [ nju:z ] n. 新闻,消息
e.g. 1. I haven't heard any news from my son lately.
   我最近没听到我儿子的任何音讯。
2. I heard it on the 7 o'clock news.
   我在七点钟的新闻报道中听到了这则消息。

newsgroup [ 'nju:zˌgru:p ] 新闻组
e.g. 
newsletter [ 'nju:zˌletə(r) ] n. 时事通讯,时事分析,时事传报
e.g. 1. Company policy; a company newsletter.
   公司政策;公司业务通讯

newspaper [ 'nju:speipə ] n. 报纸
e.g. 1. I learned this piece of news from the newspaper this morning.
   我是今天早晨从报纸上知道这条消息的。
2. We have subscribed to an evening newspaper.
   我们已经订阅了一份晚报。

next [ nekst ] a. 下一个的
ad. 其次
n. 下一个
prep. 靠近
e.g. 1. What will you do next?
   接下来你要干什么?
2. If I miss this train I'll catch the next one.
   如果我错过了这班火车,就赶乘下一班。

nibble [ 'nibl ] n. 轻咬,啃
v. 一点点地咬,慢慢啃
vt. 咬
e.g. 1. Food and rent nibbled away at the money they had saved.
   花在食物和房租上的钱把他们的积蓄一点一点耗掉了。
2. The mice have nibbled a hole in the cheese.
   老鼠在奶酪上啃出了一个洞。

nice [ nais ] a. 美好的,令人愉快的
e.g. 1. How nice of you to do that!
   你那样做真是太好了!
2. It's nice meeting you.
   很高兴认识你。

nicely [ 'naisli ] ad. 漂亮地,爽快地,恰好地
e.g. 1. This sport jacket will match those pants nicely.
   这件运动衫和那条短裤很相配。
2. The beef is roasting nicely on the spit.
   这块牛肉在烤肉叉上烤得很好。

nicety [ 'naisiti ] n. 精密,正确,纤细
e.g. 1. He judged the distance to a nicety.
   他判断距离很正确。
2. The manner in which she received him was calculated to a nicety to seem cool without being uncivil.
   她接待他时始终准确地把握好分寸,看似冷淡,却不失礼。

niche [ nitʃ ] n. 壁龛(适当的位置)
vt 放在适当的位置
e.g. 1. He found the right niche for himself.
   他发现了一个适合他的职位。
2. Claude was probably a humbug, whose vanity, ambition, and intelligence led him to carve out a niche as the wickedest man in the world; there is always room for a sadist at the top.
   克劳德或许不过是个骗子,他的虚荣、野心和才智使他在世上恶人中争得魁首之名:有残忍癖,总能爬上顶端。

nickel [ 'nikl ] n. 镍,镍币,五分镍币
v. 镀镍于
e.g. 1. Can you give me a dime for two nickels?
   你能不能用两个五分镍币给我换一个一毛的镍币?
2. Rick found a sure-enough nickel.
   里克发现一个纯正的镍币。

nickname [ 'nikneim ] n. 绰号,昵称
v. 给...取绰号,叫错名字
e.g. 1. Jess is just my nickname - my real name is Jessica.
   杰西只是我的昵称,我的真名是杰西卡。
2. They nicknamed him "Lofty" because he was so tall.
   他们给他起了个绰号叫“高个儿”, 因为他身材很高。

nicotine [ 'nikəti:n, -tin ] n. 尼古丁
e.g. 1. Smokers who inhale are likely to become addicted to nicotine.
   吸烟的人容易对尼古丁上瘾.

niece [ ni:s ] n. 侄女,外甥女
e.g. 1. My niece always clings to me whenever she is at my home.
   我侄女只要一到我家里就缠着我不放。
2. You should take care of your niece for the sake of your sister.
   看在姐妹的份上, 你应该照顾你的侄女。

Nigeria [ nai'dʒiəriə ] n. 尼日利亚
e.g. 1. Back in Nigeria we used to play a lot of tennis.
   我们以前在尼日利亚经常打网球。
2. Nigeria is my home, but I'm living in London just now.
   尼日利亚是我的家乡,但现在我住在伦敦。

Nigerian [ nai'dʒiəriən ] n. 尼日利亚人
e.g. 
niggard [ 'nigəd ] n. 吝啬鬼
e.g. 1. The niggard contributed little to them.
   这个吝啬鬼几乎就没捐钱给他们。
2. Don't expect that niggard to invite you to dinner.
   别指望那个吝啬鬼会请你吃饭。

niggardly [ 'nigədli ] a. 吝啬的, 小气的
e.g. 1. Giving or spending money grudgingly; niggardly.
   吝啬的给予或花钱吝啬的;小气的

[首页] [上一页] [365] [366] [367] [368] [369] [370] [371] [下一页] [末页] 共有 15328 条记录 页次: 368/767
请输入页码:





版权所有:独山在线 copyright ©2007-2026 www.dushan.net, All Rights Reserved
    本站为公益性网站,旨在宣传独山,若您认为我们侵犯了您的权益,请和我们联系,经查实将及时改正!
email:webmaster#dushan.net  独山在线  贵公网安备 52272602002010号 工信部备案:黔ICP备07001263号